Thursday, September 3, 2015

Your New Tool: Tulle!

 Tulle has slowly been starting to come back in the past few years, mainly in one particular style: skirts. Tulle Skirts come in all shapes, sizes, and colors: Maxi and Mini, Black, White, Champagne, Teal, and even Hot Pink. They are perfect for dinners, a night on the town, or even a wedding! Their elegant style makes them totally versatile and you are free to dress them up or dress them down as much as you want. Here at Bridge, we like to bridge the gap between old and new, stylish and chic, and fabulous and flirty, so this week I was challenged with doing just such. Two tulle skirts, two completely different styles. My challenge was to dress up a Mini Tulle Skirt and dress down a Maxi Tulle Skirt, and I think I won this one!

One of my mottos in life is to always keep it simple and smart. I can apply this motto to many things, but one the most important is fashion. There is a small gap between too little and too much, so with my tulle skirts I needed to choose the right accessories to pair with them, so that I didn't make them seem extra. I started out with two base colors: black and white. Definitely simple, but they are such a good canvas to start with, because of their versatility.

With the white, Mini Tulle Skirt I paired our Half Sleeve Crop Top and our Tear Drop Stone Necklace. I wanted the outfit to be all white, because white is such a refined color; I touched it up with the gold necklace to add to the elegance of the outfit.
Overall, I think I accomplished a very nice look, with basic pieces. Definitely wearable to a nice dinner or even a party!

Next, the black Maxi Tulle Skirt. Maxi Skirts are most commonly worn for formal occasions, but I think I dressed it down enough and even added a sexiness factor to it! With the skirt I added our Black Lace Bustier so the skirt would look more form fitting and then added on the Silk Tassel Necklace, because who doesn't think tassels are absolutely sexy!
I think this outfit is my favorite, because it's sexy, and because one of my favorite colors is black! I think I definitely dressed this skirt down and made it definitely sexier, urban, and chic!

All of the items listed in this post are available at both of our locations! 
Thank you for reading, and happy hunting!
JS

No comments:

Post a Comment